Disputes (also known as chargebacks) occur when a cardholder wants to query a transaction on their card statement. Whether this is due to not recognising a transaction, fraud or some other reason, the cardholder will raise a dispute with their issuing bank to look into the potential issue.
Our Disputes API is designed to allow a merchant to retrieve, manage and respond to disputes. It supports
- requesting all and/or individual disputes details
- retrieve supporting documentation pertaining to the individual dispute
- action (accept or decline) each dispute throughout the lifecycle of the dispute
- upload evidence (tiff, pdf, jpeg, doc or docx format) when declining a dispute
- undo an action (response) where permitted
If this is your first time here, we recommend you do things in the following order: