Our Terminals API currently provides the ability to retrieve terminal data and to update a terminal record where a terminal has been attached or detached from another device, however there are plans for this to be expanded to enable comprehensive control over Terminals via API.
- Retrieve data about an individual terminal
- List terminals
- Update the Terminal record where the terminal has been attached or detached to/from another device - This endpoint needs to be specifically enabled for each customer. Please contact us to discuss this further
- Order a new terminal
- Update terminal configuration and features - e.g. enable the ability to give cashback
- Retrieve terminal diagnostic data
- Closing an existing terminal
- Swap an old terminal for a new one
- and more!
If you are interested in any of the above register your interest here.
- An Alliance or Partner wanting to build a portal website for their merchants to list all of their terminals.
- An Alliance, Partner or Merchant wanting to attach or detach a terminal from another device such as a vending machine
Prereqs - ensure the following has been completed:
- Completed the general Getting started guide
- Review the sandbox details below
Please note that in order to use the full feature-set of these APIs in production you must;
- Have an approved production API Key.
- Be onboarded and have terminals already configured and assigned to a merchant Id.
The data in the sandbox follows these rules:
- A set of data exists with the id ranges:
TID1114will contain a deviceConnectionHistory object
TID1124are DETACHED - meaning they are not associated with another device
TID1134are INACTIVE - meaning they are not currently in use
- The current version of the sandbox does not have persistent storage behind it - so any updates done via the attach or detach a terminal from a device endpoint will not be reflected in the any subsequent terminal retrieval requests.
Our sandbox will improve over time, eventually being a fully integrated ecosystem to test cross-API calls.
Please reach out to us if you have use-cases that the current sandbox data doesn't cater for.
Try to make the following call: (entering your API-Key as shown):
curl --location --request GET 'https://prod.emea.api.fiservapps.com/sandbox/exp/v1/terminals?status=ACTIVE \ --header 'Api-Key: your-api-key'
This will return a list of terminals with an active status.
The following recipes should give you a taste of how to use the API:
Updated about 2 months ago